Can't afford to stop now.
A weekend in Macau is anything but ordinary. Friday morning I'm in the humid outskirts of Manila sitting in my huge black van trudging in the traffic; Friday afternoon I'm wearing three tops in attempt to protect me from the cold winds while enjoying my bakalaw salad and lamb with mint jelly in a famous Portuguese restaurant uncharted to foreigners. Saturday morning we sail to Hong Kong via hydrofoil to catch the year-end sale (as marked in the Chinese Lunar calendar) and come night, we take the train to Mongkok to haggle with locals on cheap goods.
Sunday morning we tour around Macau, which was approximately just the size of Makati and visit the Ruins in Senado Square where we were tricked into paying double for Macanese delights. Fuckers. Although there is discipline amongst the Macanese, most of them are utterly and inexplainable rude people I must say.
Sunday was the same day I wanted to do something different. So I decided I'd skyjump 233 meters down from Macau Tower. Lifechanging? Hell yeah.
After feeling almost in tune with death for a brief 3 seconds, we had Chinese New Years eve dinner at the 59th floor revolving restaurant in Macau Tower dinner where we stuffed our faces with duck and crab-filled dumplings, topped with Green Tea pudding and creme brulee to name a few.
Monday we walk around the empty streets of Macau where Chinese New Years is surprisingly spent in solitude. I seriously felt as though I was walking through the scene from the horrible film The War of the Worlds, the chilly weather did not make it any better.
Tuesday we fly back to my hometown. Back to reality and this.
Wednesday I spent cramming for my theology exam. Thursday I spent catching up with my girl Vi on everything from what I missed the past few days to the future. CHEERS to that. Friday I yet again procrastinated a paper for my European Film class, while promoting for Crash Course event. Come 8PM, was already feeling the z's so I had to hype up with caffeine before hitting the club.
I always just came as a guest in the club. Gotten used to getting out of my car, walking straight up to the bouncer, getting my VIP stamp, and heading straight up. No problemo. But Friday, man, did everyone just pop outta no where wanting to be let in, wanting to talk, wanting to step outside, wanting to get in right away, wanting this and wanting that. Stressful shit but it was worth is seeing the event blossom into a hit.
Hit the sack at 4:30 AM only to be woken up at 10AM for a shoot which ended at 10PM. Never have I played such an intense character in my life, it made me sick. I had to be so emo I wanted to stab myself already.
I thought I could use Sunday to catch up on sleep and readings, but I had to attend this Couples Seminar in SCHOOL at 7:45 AM. Holy mother of God. No one really wanted to know about the love lives, what more the sex lives of these strangers at 7:45 AM. Seriously. 7:45 AM. I just really have to stress the time. 7:45 AM.
After this, i have to catch up on some movies, then if my readings are lucky enough to be read, it will be read. As for now, snaps for procrastination, lack of sleep, and unfinished business. Can't afford to stop now.


4 comments:
hey erika... i really miss you. A LOT. geof was here over the weekend... oh man... please come visit and keep in touch more! email me k??? pretty please. i hope all is well!!! and i can't believe you jumped? how awesome was it... honestly.
dude it was fucking awesome omg. you should try it. do you have a blogspot too? :)
I'm too tamad to do my theo paper so here I am commenting. Finally read your blog, and see your leap of death (sort of) but I still can't get over the "Macanese" bit. See you around emo girl. Don't forget to suck it in! :)
macauu!!! ♥♥♥
Post a Comment