Christmas Day
Jesus was apparently born today according to the Sacred Scripture, tradition, the Magisterium and whatnot; so today is like a big day for many peoples around the world. This year, instead of spending today sprawled out on my bed watching one DVD after another, I'm spending it with strangers in 3 different airports. Right now I'm at the HK international airport waiting for my next flight at 1130AM, amongst the many exhausted-looking peeps passed out on the benches.
It's just like any other day around here, at least where I'm seated, and it makes it a little eerie. There is a Christmas tune playing in the background, but it can faintly be heard against the constant English and Chinese announcements. I feel the warmth of the Christmas season die as the years pass; Christmas has become another overrated annual event that makes overspending legit and offers a good excuse to get drunk, stuff your face and make amends. So to all those who cling onto this holiday event to fill your empty souls and make yourself feel a little better about things, cheers. Be merry while it lasts. 

I really don't like airplane food. 


2 comments:
Hohoho Shanghai! Be careful around the airports lest you be Shanghai'd. HAHAHA I love Christmas season! HOW DARE YOU! HAHAHA Its the only time I see hot girls in the Church!
Take care and have fun and don't forget to get me Jackie Chan as a pasalubong!!!
Love yah!
Wasn't christ born in April? and i dont mean easter...anyways..u make christmas sound so fun!! Try to put on a smile tho, for the sake of happiness. Sometimes u just gta get lost in the moment and enjoy it. its all in how u look at it. Santa's real to me even tho he dont give me shiyet...well. despite all that, i hope u got some awesome presents and stuff...cheers!
Post a Comment