Californeeeiiiiaaaaa (that annoying voice from the OC soundtrack)


It was a stressful day which started with a Baccalaureate Mass, which, was quite boring if not for seeing the academes march around in togas that made them look like they came out of Hogwarts. We then we went parlor-hopping across the street just to get our hair done cause uni is so far from home. At that point, as long as we got to school back on time, even we did look a tad bit like someone who just got ran over by a car but managed to survive with only a few cuts and bruises, that's fine. But looking back at these pics, I regret not having myself properly fixed up by an expert.




I felt real bad for my parents, sisters and my Lola who came to watch, cause it was so hot and they couldn't even see a thing. Livestreaming was better. So after grad, the usual, dinner with the fam...some couldn't make it. 

***
Okay, okay. So I was a party pooper since I didn't even party after dinner, or the next day, or the next, or the next next... cause I was working and was sent to Cebu. Sorry, no pics from there but do look out for the videos I took around the city proper at INQUIRER.net's Tales of the Nomad blog or INQUIRER.net/VDO.
***
A day after Cebu, my family and I flew to the US for a vaca. And as usual, I packed hours before the flight so it's no surprise that I left valuables behind -- like my mobile phone, socks, chargers, jackets...and that's it so far...I haven't really realized any other valuable missing since we got here.
I'm at Anaheim, California and it's a nice area. Very calm and quiet; nice weather of course, and friendly people. However, things are just so far and it would be impossible to go around without a car. Papa rented out a car and a GPS as well so we've been driving around freely nearly as though we lived around the area.
Of course, he doesn't do this back home in the RP, so we just HAD to photograph Papa.
Plans were shifty for the past few days because we'd bump into random relatives who would keep wanting to take us out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I have never seen these people in my life, although they claim to have seen me before I was speaking -- so on my part, I think it's very fair to say I have never seen them in my life -- so it was quite awkward and it felt a little stiff for my sisters and I, to dine with them. These were some relatives OF my mom whom she was avoiding and LITERALLY, running away from, after worship service at the locale of Anaheim.

Plus, it was quite annoying cause plans would change, and although I am not a great event or day planner, let alone room planner, it was still frustrating to have these plans changed and completely altered because I woke up knowing that that particular thing was going to happen within the day. You get what I mean? It's not that I'm being a KillJoy or walking around with a stick up my ass, and believe me, I enjoy spontaneity once in a while; but in this case, it was the repetitive feeling of exerting effort to get to know people, driving to their houses to tour their homes instead of just doing what you want to do.
So this is part of Newport Beach, San Diego, the beach we didn't get to go to. :(
We went to Sea World, which was alright. Nothing spectacular...except for maybe Shamu and that ShamuSlam cheer they had that actually did get the crowd pumping. :p
Lots of shopping was accomplished and I really don't enjoy it all that much. I'm so happy though, cause we were fed real good food tonight when we were invited for dinner at my Aunt Elvira's house.
It gave my energy when I had to help pack huge boxes to send to the RP as well so that by the time we're back, the stuff purchased would be there too. 
I can't wait to go video hunting tomorrow, and just enjoy the theme parks more and really enjoy 'em to the fullest.


1 comment:
Erika! This is Thea, Gelsy is in California (I think Wiggy's there, too) if you want to see Gels just reply here I'll give you her number ok? :D
xox
Thea
Post a Comment