12 April 2008

California, right back where we started from....

I'm very uncreative and cannot really think at 4AM for a better title to keep this blog alive. My brain is highly scrambled because unexpectedly, my iMovie decided to do this error bullshit and it's really driving me insane since I've searched up all forums and they all resort to freaking reinstalling and troubleshooting via original CDs. But, Problem No. 1: I'm in LA and the rest of my mac stuff is in the RP, scattered somewhere since our house is being renovated. Problem No. 2: I am operating on my macbook pro with no optic drive since it broke and was removed about 2weeks before I left the Philippines. SOOOOOOO... to all my readers, can you just imagine the steam coming through my pores as I type hardly on this stupid keyboard, and the amount of botox I will soon need in three years as the lines on my skin collect downwards on my forehead. BUT.
This is indeed a vacation.
So as I'm downloading all sorts of editing software demos, I decided to blog and post pictures to keep myself calm.
I'm rarely on the net now since we're driving around so as far as I remember, I think my last entry ended with posts from San Diego and our first day at Disney. Taking it from there, we woke up early the next day for 5AM mass, and had breakfast at IHOP...mmmm :)After breakfast, I spent the next day filming stories that you should soon be able to watch on INQUIRER.net. To give sort of a sneak peek to what type of clips I've shot...just think of Life of the Filipinos in California...excited? Keep yourself posted. :)
I drove around Orange County and Cerritos and driving isn't that bad with the help of our GPS we named Linda, after our amazing Shanghainese tour guide. So digital Linda took me to one of the most touching stories I've done...I visited a home for the aged, or a caring facility for the elderly.After a long day of hard work and spending quality time with Tita Susan and Tito Jean, we had dinner at their place, which was absolutely beautiful. They are such wonderful and sweet people whom my sisters and I have grown to love as foster parents in such a short span of time.The next day, I went to CalState Uni to trail a visually impaired Filipino freshman through a normal day in college. Again, another story you should be looking out for at INQUIRER.net.
After which, we briefly went to the theme park only to get wet by these crazy dudes in costumes. Freakin insane! We had like Buzz Lightyear hose us with icy cold water, random guns aimed at us shooting us with water, but it was so fun just spending it with my sister since my parents and Ella were in the other theme park.
Since it was our last night at the OC, our long lost relatives took us out for supper after the Disney fireworks...which ended up being canceled due to strong winds. Boo. So we had dinner at this Chinese restaurant with my fair-skinned lola, fun Tita Elvie (whom we have grown to love and see as our Lola as well), the crazy Tita Grace and Tito Danny and his architect friend who designed some buildings at CalState. Dinner was a blast and I'm really going to miss everyone at the OC...It really saddened us that we were leavin So Cal so the next day we still drove around and visited the Angels stadiumate at this fabulous Italian resto called Buca di Beppoand went shopping at Cabazon, CA (Palm Springs area).Boy, I have never been so sick of shopping in my life!!! It's NUTZ! Then we had dinner at this hotel at Palm Springs and we managed to take pics at the casino. Lol. This is all for now since the dmg's are now making it's way into my hard drive. Will post more pictures tomorrow and will tell you about LA.

No comments: