Ohhhh, Oh, Oklahoma
I was laughing when I found out we were going to Oklahoma this time around. "What in the hay are we gonna do with all the cows in one of the Whitest town in America?" I asked my Dad. He just laughed, said it would be fun cause we were going to be staying with the Blasquez family, and plus my Mom would be needing that time to charge up and recuperate. "Whatever," I said, and went back to my room. It's not like I didn't want to go, I just thought it would be awkward staying with a family I wasn't really close to.
Let's just say I thought wrong.
Right when we arrived after a crappy American Airline flight and picking Michelle up from school, I nearly passed out at the couch in their living room while Tito Willy made steak.
They have such a lovely house and immediately, I felt like I was back home in the Philippines. The game room was all of a sudden metamorphosed to the kids room where everyone slept in, hung out in, got in trouble in... 
To be honest, the reason why I thought it would be awkward staying with them was because the last time they stayed with us, I wasn't exactly...hmmm...how should I put it, a good host. I was rarely home because of school and I was busy entertaining someone else who ended up screwing me over; so basically, I didn't really concern myself any further with their presence. We took them to the beach, but again, I confined myself in my room and studied. SO, I imagined that this trip would be similar of some sorts -- kids doing their own thing while the parents LOL-ed. However, immediately after settling in the room, everything kinda just fell into place. It felt like we've known each other all our lives...well to some extent, there is some truth to that, because the eldest child, Al, and I attended the same grade school and after grade 3, they migrated. Since the third grade, I guess our parents kept in touch because I randomly hear stories about that family. Anyway! So yeah, the next day after the kids came home from school, we drove downtown and met up with Al who came back from uni just to be with us :)
...it was a fairly long drive and after munching
these sleeping beauties recharged their batts, as usual...
So this was us, at down town Oklahoma, just roaming...enjoying the wind...and that's really all about it, hehe



and Mark really had to do this...crazyass
And the next day, we went to Tatanka Ranch and had a blast! Of course, it took us like an hour before we actually got to leave the house and drive there, which was hella funny too...imagine the scene from the film Home Alone where everyone was just running and walking around the house, playing basketball, eating...After that drive and holdin ounces of pee in my small bladder, we just hung out at the playground, played competitive pingpong, battled it out on MadGab, wii and PS3.
The next day, we walked to the lake
We climbed up the Elvis Presley Tower. Was pretty tiring and my thighs totally got a workout climbing up approximately 14 narrow flights of stairs. Ugh. Hate exercise. So this is us, atop that tower.
We went kayaking and it worked my arms out but it was super fun especially when we managed to park our kayaks and get off on the island. Which is tougher than it looks, believe me.
Then we swam in the jacuzzi and this really cold pool where Belle and Mark tried to outdo each other and stay the longest in the freezin pool. Kids. LOL.
After coming back home, we watched a movie that wasn't really for kids especially after the hella random dingdong flashes. As usual, before we actually went to the theatre, it took a while as Al tried to figure out the times as we sat around.


We had too much fun in Oklahoma and didn't want to leave so we cried a river after we left :( I miss it, too much.




No comments:
Post a Comment