03 May 2008

Rhode Island

Tita Marylou booked us at a fancysmanchy place for the old rich with breathtaking views of the Atlantic ocean and the Narragansett Bay. Apparently, the colony of wooden homes in the area were merely "summer cottages" of the wealthy families, where they spent their days lounging in the nice warm weather. During our visit, the weather was great -- it wasn't THAT cold and not too sunny and warm; perfect actually for reading a tacky fiction on the grass, now that I think about it. Instead, we took pictures. In burst. Actually the only way we could take photos without having to bother anyone else. Aaaannnnd as you can see, I never know what to do during those burst sessions.
Anyhow, we had really good seafood dinner that night, but the wait was long it was obnoxious. (And we discovered that boredom could actually spur creativity -- see the awesome pics Belle took and my excellent drawings LOL)
But the food was so good it's ridiculous. Or maybe we were just too hungry and their oyster biscuits for appetizer were not enough to pacify the eerie calls of our intestines. LOL.The next morning, we drove down Bellevue Ave to see these insanely majestic and breathtakingly lavish mansions that made me zealous about accumulating that much wealth. I mean, as FlavaFlav would say, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"...like I stopped trying to take pictures cause that would mean I had to stand like a block away just to catch the entirety of the freakin' summer COTTAGE.I was standing at the parking lot across the street and all I got was a snapshot of my parents and Tita entering the gate. We toured the Breakers Mansion (no vids or pics allowed) and stepping inside automatically sparked all these images of Renaissance documentaries I used to watch, while the tour guide recounted the activities conducted in each room; explained the interior, the furniture; described the characters of the people who occupied the room...it was just amazing. It reminded me so much of my Lolo and his books. He was an architect and primarily sketched blueprints that were of the grandiose European Renaissance era, particularly the Italian Renaissance. SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T GET OVER IT! That mansion even had this vast balcony overlooking the Atlantic.Amazing. I reported on the facade of the other mansions and hopefully it should be on INQUIRER.net soon. That way, you could see for yourself, some of the best mansions on Bellevue Avenue. My parents and Tita waiting patiently for me to finish filming.Oh and this is kinda mean, but, this is Ella...in a BAD BAD mood.That picture was taken after she missed a step and totally cried. LOL. After I salivated over the Breakers, we had lunch by the pier.Splendid.

No comments: