Bahston
We made our way to Boston where we met and stayed at my cousins place for three nights. Last time I saw my cousin Jay-R before he migrated to the US, I was apparently at the age when my parents still made me sing in front of guests at the staircase of our old house.
Made to sing.
Hmmm let's see. I think I was about four years old when I was told I was frequently off pitch; I was at least seven years old when I took voice lessons to remedy that; and from then until I was about 13, or 14, I insisted that I was a damn good singer and hated my sister Belle for being able to "sing better" than me. Ha. So my cousin Jay-R's memories of me singing, I could just imagine why they're still so vivid.
So we stayed at his place, at the guest room annex, and met my nephews for the first time ever! So adorable, and so so sweet! Meet Roger (to your left) and Edward (on the right) with my sister Ella (go figure).
We visited Rockport, where films like The Perfect Storm, was shot. Breathtaking views, yet again.

Rockport is like this indie village where artists put up their own stalls where they put their works on exhibit. Some decide to sell it, or even mass produce, but this is the prime location where great stuff can be purchased.
Then we had this incredibly massive dinner at this Argentinian restaurant. I was declined a wine glass because I did not bring an ID. So this is how the conversation went...
Server: How many glasses would you like me to bring?
Ate Ron: Four glasses -- that's for me, for him (points to the direction of Kuya Jay-R), for him (indicates my dad), and her (me)
Server: Alright (continues jotting down whatever notes on his notepad and turns to me) Can I see an ID please?
Me: Oh, I'm sorry, I don't have one on me right now.
Server: Drivers license...?
Me: I'm sorry, I really don't.
Server: Passport?
Me: But my parents are right here. They can totally attest I'm 21 and turning 22 on May.
Server: I'm so sorry, we're obliged to request for an ID to assure that we aren't serving alcohol to minors.
Me: But my parents are right here (I say frustratingly with my eyes doing a 360 degree roll).
Mom and Dad: (laughs and it was about this time that the tables next to ours start looking and listening in to the conversation)
Server: Ma'am I'm really so sorry...I believe you...really...but rules are rules. You really don't have an ID of any sort?
Me: None. Or we really wouldn't be having this conversation.
I was thinking, SERIOUSLY?! Did he really think I just felt like hiding my ID the whole time?
Whatever. My mom got a glass, and I drank from that...while he watched. LOL.
Following day, we went around Cambridge and went on the Duck Tour (really fun). We visited Harvard, Harvard Museum of Natural History, and MIT where Kuya Jay-R and Ate Ron took their MA and PhD, and both are presently professors at Harvard. 

Below are the photos of the newest MIT building with weird architecture that made me more dizzy than amazed.

Aaand of course...touring is such a tiring, tiring thing, so eating is extremely necessary.
I look forward to seein my nephews soon, especially my fave, Roger. 



No comments:
Post a Comment