A dancer's bod years later
I'm dancing again and although mentally and physically it takes a toll on you after a long time of no training whatsoever, at the end of 5-7 hours of hyper-stretching and strengthening, even when your anaerobic system is churning on rusty wheels and you start seeing stars and feel like passing out, you feel good. Any dancer could probably relate to this feeling, and the feeling of waking up in the morning with your muscles sore you practically try and roll yourself off of the bed like a plank because sitting up, folding your legs, getting up, is just physically painful. But it feels so good and I'm loving my bruised knees and tight stomach (because inhaling and sucking in your gut hurts).
We're prepping for KC Concepcion's mom's birthday celebration/concert on Thursday and its been exciting. Powerdance is so hardcore. Douglas Nierras is terrifying but an amazing choreographer. I'll try and make time to get more photos but for now, I only have 1 that I took before yesterday's rehearsal. I'll add more later, and try to include videos of us fooling around and freestyling. 
---
More pictures for today, after strengthening during our 10-minute water break.Yes, we like to fool around.







No comments:
Post a Comment