05 January 2008

PART 1: Recap on Winter Break

Internet was expensive at our hotel so I couldn’t use it and waited until I got back to Manila to answer emails and talk about New Years and the days I spent in Hong Kong.

New Years was slightly different for me this year since my immediate family and I spent it in a country that doesn’t really celebrate it; with our asses cold from the chilly wind that slaps you on the face the second you stick your head out the door. It’s crazy cold too, it’s not like just cold cold, its like humid, dry cold that seeps through the various layers of the clothing on you, stinging your epidermis until it gives in and literally cracks. This is why we remained at the restaurant in Xin Tian Di and could not make it to Times Square, where we originally planned on spending the countdown.
At the restaurant, they gave us free devil/horned headbands, which I felt, was so inappropriate to the event. It felt like the Nightmare Before Christmas gone bad.
AND this is SO NOT how I see my parents.
After being ecstatic for the event that turned out to be an unexciting countdown, we had to make our way back home and pack our last minute belongings for an early flight to Hong Kong. But before my sisters and I could start changing out of our thick clothes, we just kept taking photos like those horned headbands killed our spirits and took over our very souls and…ok here are the shots.

…To be continued…

1 comment:

Beverly Dalton said...

happy new year, erika! lets go out soon!