Hired!
I'm the new multimedia reporter for Inquirer.net starting on the day of the dead, Nov. 1. How ironic, now that I think about it. But anyway, my boss says, I'm actually the first multimedia reporter in the Philippines.
Pretty tight huh. I'm so overwhelmed and it hasn't really hit me yet. I actually have a serious job, with serious requirements, an intimidating boss with high expectations, and I'll be getting a monthly salary.
To be honest, I wasn't really sure of what position I was applying for until the day of the (most intimidating) interview. I thought I was going to be an online journalist: someone who writes stories, on call 24/7 armed with her own blackberry emailing stories whenever wherever. But turns out, I'm the first multimedia reporter: basically online video-reporting both on-cam and off-cam and hosting video/audio podcast shows.
Yesterday, I sat-in a podcast taping session and it was really fun: everything was extemporaneous, completely un-scripted, and raw.
I'm so so excited. If there's anything new, any suggestions for stories, anything going on in your part of town, please let me know so I can cover it.
---
Plus, a friend and I are having a garage sale this Saturday! Cutting ties with extra baggage and remnants of the past is so liberating.


2 comments:
wow. kinuha ka ni sir leo? naks naman! :D
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
We'll celebrate when i get there ;)
Post a Comment