16 October 2007

I really am a stone cold fox

So when will my passionate Prince plucker up with his micro torch and melt my heart.

Anyway, I spent the morning lounging. Felt good until that head rush-- you know, when you get up suddenly and your surroundings get all fuzzy and nearly lose sight. Then I thought it was high-time I stop the lounging and do some cleaning.

As you might know from my "About Me" section on the left, I like clutter. And I like clutter because it makes me feel hopeful that somewhere in that tall pile of junk, I'll one day find a treasured memory of something I'd forgotten. It makes me feel secure, cause then I know "that something" is "there", "somewhere", but "there".

I'm sure you know of that feeling.

I tried to get past that whole trying-to-save-every-memory feeling by throwing stuff away. Old notebooks from the fifth grade, readings, lectures, handouts, pens that don't work, pens that skip, pens that do work but look ugly, and other random stuff in drawers I haven't opened. It was hard, but it really makes you feel better, I can attest to that. You almost feel reborn...I mean with all the new space around you, isn't it exciting to fill it up again? Seriously though, it feels good to get rid of things you don't need; it almost feels like you accomplished something.

Then, I caught up with a few close friends the easy way: electronically. It was refreshing...as refreshing as eating nonstop for the next 3 hours. Ugh. I have become very fond of eating. Very fond, that in fact I spend the nothing days of my life doing it and the stressful days of my life overdoing it.

Must.stop.chewing.and.swallowing.and.dreaming.of.sizable.amounts.of.food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Showing some love :)- Parel

Time said...

You might have thrown ONE OF THE MANY PENS you have mooched from me. hahaha from 1st year to my beautiful blue faber pen... ah...

anywhoo, you promised you'd vandalize my blog but you never did! tsk tsk tsk

:D still happy you're a pal!

Erika Tapalla said...

pens are so...momentary and puhleeze. I return your pens!