28 October 2007

Just an update

This whole "job thing" is now totally official. Discussed things both in the office and over beer, toured the head office in Makati, signed the contract, have a pending employee and medical exam, and I start in less than 96 hours. Holy macaroni. If anything is happening, if you want me to feature something, please please don't hesitate and email me at: erika.m.tapalla@gmail.com.
***
My garage sale yesterday was quite merry.
We had so much junk (some nice and some trashy lol) to get rid off, but the day was mostly composed of eating, blending mangoes, and catching up with a good friend, which is always, always fortifying, especially if there is so much going on. Another good friend also stopped by, despite a hectic schedule, which I totally appreciate! Seriously, selling, is just the most tiring and frustrating thing ever. If there's one new thing I learned about myself, it's the fact that I really cannot be a salesperson for 2 reasons: 1. I don't like people who mess things up and then just leave! and 2. When they ask for a discount, I totally give it to them.

I made approximately a grand, lol.
***
I hung out with my cousins today after a loooong time. I met my newborn cousin too!Plus, the weather was all windy and chilly, making it a perfect day to just bum and be surrounded by little children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh! congratulations for getting that job at Inquirer!! wow! what a title!! :D Wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

aww! Allen looks so cuute! hahah!! the shoe picture is nice. -Eribelle

Beverly Dalton said...

erika, congratulations!! and it was the best catch-up ever. really! haha! next: spa and parlor adventure! mwah!

Anonymous said...

Wow Erika! I'm so happy for you! You're really a good writer and I know you'll go far. I hope to see a lot of your stuff (I mean, writing stuff!) As for me, I need a job, I just found out that getting an MA I need work experience -_-

-Thea