06 March 2007

Brief updates

Going to be working closely with internationally acclaimed Filipino artist Yason Banal in his new artwork entitled, "Waiting for the Skies to Fail". Yason is planning to shoot his exhibit in Manila this March for Tokyo and Shanghai shows. Come July, a live exhibit with people made to be interpreted as objects will be held in Manila.
"Banal's works combine seemingly distant belief systems and symbologies – art, folklore, science, history and cosmogony, as well as music and film genres and subcultures - to trigger suppressed associations and links. The artist speaks of trying to initiate 'constellations' through the different elements in his work - referring at once to heavenly bodies, but also to their relationships with events unfolding on earth, sometimes benign, but often catastrophic and utopian."--- Roger McDonald, Curator for the Singapore Biennale.

Some installations--
In Tokyo, Japan:
In Oslo, Norway:
In London, UK

Was interviewed by Managing Editor of Lifestyle Asia Magazine and was accepted as an intern (yay). I'll be starting soon, and feeling my way through the magazine environment and working my way up the high profile publication.

THIS SHIT IS NOW SHOWING. Fuck. I've been waiting for this so it better be fucking awesome.
Life will be exciting and busy; i can't wait.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

I'm dying to see 300. It's a visual feast...

So you're a star girl.. working with that artist and doing your thing. I'm proud of you.

Besos