12 March 2007

Check please

The world is one big buffet.
You choose what you want, put it on your plate, chew it, savour it, then swallow. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's really good. Sometimes you want more of the same thing and regret not trying the others, or feel sad when the silver platters are wiped clean and what you want isn't offered anymore. Well now, I'm at that point where I think I put too much food on my plate in high hopes of filling my emptiness, only realizing now it wasn't my stomach that was empty, but my heart.
Now what am I going to do with all this food when I don't even know what I really want on my plate? I guess I could throw it, then get a new plate. Or I could just eat it and then get a new plate. Or I could just eat what I can then throw the rest away. Ah I don't know. There are way too many people starving for food as good as mine for me to just dump it in the canister.
It's so much easier when you're a kid. You eat anything your parents or helpers give you, and actually love it. There are times you don't even have a say, so you just eat whatever is on the table. Then you start eating things that are bad for you, then you learn the difference of healthy food and unhealthy food. Then you get fat. Then you lose weight. Then you complain. Then you regret. Then you want to turn back time and wish you were a kid again. It's a vicious cycle.
If only we could stop eating and stop being slaves to the grumbling of our stomachs then maybe just maybe, we could breathe and find out what it is we're really craving for.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Wow, in some odd way, our blog entries sorta mirror one another. I'm trying to fill in some gaps that are left in my heart, and honey, I find myself doing the craziest shizz just to substitute for something...

You're pretty, and I'm handsome, so what's the problem? Our intelligence. Our intelligence makes us layered, and sometimes I guess, people like us can analyze situations a little too much.

Listen honey, I'm not going to sit here and give you some corny-ass advice, but I will say that you should eat all the food you have on your plate; a last time gorge before you spread your robust replacements with something more fulfilling...

I guess I'm learning that it's okay to be true to yourself. Especially if you're not hurting anyone in the process...

Besos