02 March 2007

A dose of motivation

I want to do so much but I gotta stay focused and keep my eyes on my vision. School is burning me out, and right now it's actually a hindrance so I started surfing the net at my dad's office, trying to look for something, anything to inspire me. And I found this.

David Ellis' Conversation is enthralling. Aiming to make the rhythm in his head heard, he incorporated beats directly into his work. Just when I thought I should only focus on one thing, here comes Ellis proving that anything can happen. Not just the typical anything -- I'm talking about the integration of passions, the art of mastering multi-tasking, the careful piecing of every element of your Self and your unique experiences into a masterpiece so fresh it's often times initially misunderstood.

As Heidegger implicates, an authentic human person lives his life towards death instead of away from it like most people. An authentic person not only acknowledges that death happens, but lives his days as though it were his last. I thought, 'fuck that's tiring.' Imagine doing everything you wanted to do in your whole life right this minute because the next second you might just drop dead. It's fucking crazy. But it's that craziness that makes people stand out and die fulfilled. It's the notion of pushing yourself so hard you want to cry, pushing things so far that years later it's considered genius, you're considered god.

You want something, go get it, fight for it if you have to because shit won't just fall from the sky. You want to do something, don't half ass it, overdo it if you have to because half-assed work equates to nothing. Think think think! Don't try to be like everyone else who tries so hard to be different. Dis-cover yourself and place it in the context of your life and the world. Live out your wildest dreams NOW...time is ticking.

2 comments:

Vi said...

how cool!! that takes so much time!! I gotta stop being so lazy man...

Eddie said...

"But it's that craziness that makes people stand out and die fulfilled. It's the notion of pushing yourself so hard you want to cry, pushing things so far that years later it's considered genius, you're considered god..."

That was amazing Erika. That little paragraph inspired me to add 5 things to my daily itinerary (whoa, now that's living life!).

Besos